You’ve bought your device and now need to get transacting as quickly as possible. Let’s first start with setting up your hardware. To begin the setup process, make sure you have the following:
- A list of products. Products are items that you purchase and resell without modification, e.g. a can of coke, a bar of chocolate. Click here for a product excel template.
- If you are setting up a restaurant, you will need to make a list of all your dishes, e.g. burger and chips, fish and rice, chicken and mushroom pasta. You will also need to state which station each dish comes from, e.g. food dishes will come from the Kitchen and drinks will come from the Bar.
- Make a list of all your preparations including their recipes. If you manufacture prepared dishes that are sold in combination as a dish, e.g. fish and savoury rice. Savoury rice will be the preparation and may not necessarily be sold on its own.
- Make a list of all ingredients used in all dishes and preparations. A good way to double check your ingredients is to list all the recipes of all your dishes and preparations. Click here for the ingredients excel template.
- Collect or take pictures of all your products and dishes.
- Create storage zones, e.g. Front Store -- where stock is kept for daily sale,Back Store -- where extra stock is kept.
- Create a list of all your suppliers including their contact details and VAT number.
- List of your employees and their positions.
- Any financial accounts you would like to use for payment of suppliers, e.g. bank account, safe deposit account.
To download the complete Poster Setup Guide, click here.